Description of the Service
The LAPW Community Service is provided by AHC. It is an on-line discussion forum for Pension Managers or senior members of Local Authority pensions teams only.
Terms and conditions of access to and use of this site
- Membership is for Pensions and Benefits Managers or senior members of in-house company schemes only.
- Consultants are not eligible.
Use of Service
- Your membership may include an initial free trial period, given at AHC's discretion.
- You may not have more than one active Account.
- If you move jobs you must notify the Communities Administrator of your new contact details.
- You are prohibited from transferring your user Account to another person.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your username and password.
- You agree to immediately notify AHC of any unauthorised use of your password or Account or any other breach of security.
- AHC cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section.
- AHC may refuse service without prior notice to any user for any or no reason.
- AHC reserves the right to remove any comment which it considers to be inappropriate for any reason.
While on the LAPW Community site you understand and agree not to:
- Post content which is unlawful, libellous, abusive, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable.
- Show the site to non-members or to disclose the names of other LAPW Community members.
- Make use of the LAPW Community for any illegal purpose.
- Post phone numbers and addresses in postings.
- Falsely state, impersonate, or otherwise misrepresent your identity, including but not limited to the use of a pseudonym, or affiliations with a person or entity, past or present.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communications which include information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, or proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under non-disclosure agreements).
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communication that infringes upon patents, trademarks, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary rights.
- Upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
- Stalk or harass anyone.
- Disguise the origin of any quotes or source material you use.
You agree that AHC may, with or without cause, immediately terminate your LAPW Account and access to the LAPW Service without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, the following will lead to a termination by AHC of a user's use of the LAPW Community:
- Breaches or violations of this User Agreement or other incorporated agreements or guidelines,
- Requests by law enforcement or other government agencies,
- A request by you (self-initiated Account deletions),
- Unexpected technical issues or problems
Termination of your LAPW Community Account includes:
- Removal of access to all offerings and discounts within the LAPW Community Service
- Deletion of your password and all related information, files and content associated with or inside your Account (or any part thereof)
- Barring further use of the LAPW Community Service.
Further, you agree that all terminations shall be made in AHC's sole discretion and that AHC shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination of your Account or access to the LAPW Community Service. AHC reserves the right to modify the pricing of, add to, or discontinue the LAPW Community Service or any portion thereof.
The pages contained within this Website may contain technical inaccuracies and/or typographical errors. We give no warranties, guarantees, conditions or representations, express or implied as to the completeness or accuracy of the information contained on the website or any website to which it is linked.
This Website is for information purposes only. You should not rely on any material on the Website to make (or refrain from making) any decision or take (or refrain from taking) any action. You should seek to verify any information contained within this site before making any decision or take (or refrain from taking) any action.
The contributions made to the discussions represent the views of the contributors and not of AHC. Copyright and liability resides with the contributors. In particular, AHC cannot bear any responsibility for the accuracy of any views, advice or information offered.
You may not:
- copy, reproduce, redistribute, download, republish, transmit, display, adapt, alter, create derivative works from or otherwise extract or re-utilise any of the contents of the Website.
- disclose the content of any discussion or poll result on the Website to anyone outside the LAPW Community without permission of the author's and AHC.
We will from time to time need to carry out routine maintenance and updates to the site. While we will seek to keep disruption to a minimum we cannot guarantee that the site will always be available for use.
We endeavour to keep this site free from viruses etc. but make no warranties to that effect.
We shall not be liable for any damages, including without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential damages, howsoever arising out of your use of the Website or in respect of any of your actions or omissions taken in reliance on any of the information contained on the Website or any website to which it is linked.
Links to other sites
The Website contains links to other websites and content not operated by us. We do not control the content of these sites and our inclusion of a hypertext link does not imply any endorsement of the material contained on the websites or of the owners.
Access to Service
Use of manual or automated software, devices, or other processes to "crawl" or "spider" any web pages contained in the LAPW Community Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to monitor or copy, or allow others to monitor or copy, our web pages or the content included herein. You also agree not to "frame" or otherwise simulate the appearance or function of this Website. Furthermore, you agree not to take any action that interferes with the proper working of or places an unreasonable load on our infrastructure, including but not limited to unsolicited communications, attempts to gain unauthorised access, or transmission or activation of computer viruses.
Monitoring and Enforcement
While we have the right to monitor activity and content associated with the LAPW Community Service, we are not obligated to do so. And since we do not, and may not have the ability to, control or actively monitor content, we do not guarantee its accuracy, integrity or quality. You can contact the Communities Administrator to let AHC know of content that you find objectionable. We may investigate the complaints and violations of our policies that come to our attention and may take any action that we believe is appropriate, including, but not limited to issuing warnings, removing the content or terminating Accounts and/or subscriptions. However, because situations and interpretations vary, we also reserve the right not to take any action.
Please remember that you can always choose to refrain from using any part of the LAPW Community Service that may expose you to something that you are uncomfortable with. Under no circumstances will we be liable in any way for any content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of, access to, or denial of access to any content on the Website.
Disclaimer of Warranties
You understand and agree that the LAPW Community Service is provided on an "as is" and "as available" basis and that AHC do not assume any responsibility for prompt or proper delivery, or retention of any user information or communications between users. AHC assumes no responsibility for the accuracy or existence of any communications between users. AHC expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, including, but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement.
AHC makes no warranty that (i) the LAPW Community Service will meet your requirements, (ii) the LAPW Community Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, or error-free, (iii) the results that may be obtained from use of the LAPW Community Service will be accurate or reliable, (iv) the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you through the LAPW Community Service will meet your expectations, and (v) any errors in the software will be corrected.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through the use of the LAPW Community Service is done at your own discretion and risk and that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material.
No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by you from AHC or through or from the LAPW Community Service shall create any warranty not expressly stated in this user agreement.
Limitation of Liability
You expressly understand and agree that AHC shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if AHC has been advised of the possibility of such damages).
Correspondence and definitions
All correspondence regarding the Website should be sent to the:
Anthony Hodges Consulting Ltd (Registered in the UK 3559492)
AHC is registered with the Information Commissioner.
We/us/our means AHC.
You/your means the user of the Website
All AHC and LAPW logos are trademarks of AHC. You agree not to display or use these trademarks in any manner without AHC's prior, written permission. The section titles of this User Agreement are displayed for convenience only and have no legal effect. Please send any questions or comments, or report violations of this User Agreement to the Communities Administrator.
The User Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and AHC and governs your use of the LAPW Community Service, superseding any prior agreements between you and AHC.